I am a successful local entrepreneur with four companies that are leaders in their respective markets:
- Consumers Financial Services offers personal tax preparation, bookkeeping, and business tax services.
- Casino Tax Rebates provides US gambling tax rebate preparation services for Canadians.
- Granite Towncars offers mid-level transportation for business clientele.
- Frank Training uses unique, to the point training methods that achieve maximum results in any business sector, board, organization or team.
- Signature Financial Services specializes in customized accounting solutions tailored to small and medium sized business needs.
- Narrow Gate Foods a small batch, big love fermenting business in Thunder Bay, Ontario. All of our fermented foods are hand made in small batches, using the finest ingredients.
I have been a Sage Certified Consultant since 2001, and have been working in the financial and business consulting sector since 1997, offering accounting and professional services to small to medium sized businesses.
Since June 2006, I have been offering volunteer labour support as a doula to birthing moms in order for them to have the birth experience they desire. I assist mothers with various stages of labour, breastfeeding and newborn care. I believe that a woman never forgets her birth experience, so I feel that enhancing that experience for them makes a difference in how they relate to their child and family.
Since March 2013, I have been a volunteer Treasurer for Footsteps Family Centre, providing relevant financial data for the centre which allows them to choose the best options for child care.
In 2013, I was an event sponsor of The Arthritis Society Diamonds and Denim fundraising event for our local arthritis society. I sponsored the event, and spoke at the event about how arthritis has affected my family. As a result, over $20,000 was raised in one evening.
I also have been serving as Financial Secretary to Grassroots Church since 2006. This church is a landmark in our community, and the volunteers are always reaching out to various initiatives in our city. Giving them free financial consulting allows them to maximize their community efforts.
In 2014, I was honored to receive the NOVA Award, a bi-annual award given to 20 outstanding individuals in Northwestern Ontario under the age of 40.
As a serial entrepreneur, I am always thinking of new ways to make business better in our city. I can undertake any project, and no challenge seems insurmountable to me. I love our community, and it is that love that continually drives me to pursue business opportunities.