Are you struggling to get rid of your wrinkles? It’s very easy to purchase a bunch of expensive creams and lotions, but what if I told you that you could trade in those false promises for natural and healthy lifestyle choices that actually provide results?
The key to diminishing and preventing future wrinkles is right in your home and your day-to-day lifestyle. Consuming high-quality proteins, vegetables and getting adequate sleep can all contribute to decreasing your wrinkles and preventing future ones! I personally use all of these and can honestly say I’m very excited to share this wisdom with you! Read below to find out how you can also take control of your life and say adios to wrinkles.
1) The next time you take a trip to the grocery store, make sure to stock up in the produce department! It’s crucial to consume at least the minimum daily serving requirement of fruits and vegetables to maintain adequate health and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. Limit the consumption of fruits heavy in fructose—or fruit sugar—since fructose, as with all sugars, can increase the appearance of wrinkles. Stick with fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, lemons, and bananas.
2) Toss out the refined sugar and replace artificial sweeteners with organic, natural sweeteners such as Agave, Raw Local Honey, and Stevia. Excessive sugar consumption can damage your liver and cause breaks in your DNA, leading to autoimmune disorders. Consume any sugar, including fruit sugar, in moderation. Training your body to break the habits of sugar-overloads is key in being an overall healthier you and saying goodbye to those wrinkles!
3) Get outside and into the sun! Moderate sunshine provides your body with necessary Vitamin D to replenish the vitamins and elasticity in your skin. Aim for at least 15 minutes a day of moderate exposure, but be sure to slather on your SPF. Re-apply as needed and always take all other precautions if you’re planning any prolonged periods of sun exposure.
4) Commit to a life-long relationship with coconut. Replacing vegetable or canola oil with coconut oil and olive oil is a simple way to slow your skin’s aging. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your morning smoothie, indulge in some coconut crisps, replace standard dairy with coconut milk, or rub unrefined coconut oil on your problem spots.
5) RELAX. Stress is one of the primary contributors to premature aging because it reduces the natural collagen and elasticity in your skin essential to preventing wrinkles. Start every morning off right with a few minutes of meditation. Read a good book, go for a walk, or relax by the beach after a long day at work. Remember to take a little time out of the day for yourself. A stress-free lifestyle is one that reaps astounding rewards!
These five simple steps are a great start to a healthier, younger, wrinkle-free appearance. Make small changes to your time and energy and see how that healthy, natural glow blossoms!